13 March 2013

Daily dailies

This is an experiment inspired by Beeple, an animator and illustrator from the states who produces under the Brain Feeder label. It is also inspired by my friend, Tom, who, inspired by Beeple, decided to make a song a week, thereby introducing me to Beeple. Check Tom out over at ELPHNT.

There's something to be said for daily practice of a single discipline, so I've chosen to write a short story, 100 - 200 words only, daily and illustrate a small picture to go with it. So far I've got 3, with another on it's way up this afternoon. This is with the hope of developing my story telling skills in both literary and visual technique, all towards the goal of putting together a graphic novel or something like it.

Check out Howler Tales to get new stories daily, and please subscribe by email if you like daily spam :)

So far the first is still my favourite, but there's still time to top it.

In other news, I'm on Twitter these days, find me @StuHowler



My desk is a pickle.

No comments:

Post a Comment